BEFORE YOU GO…
Have you discontinued these services?
- Newspaper delivery?
- Gas & Electricity?
Have you notified your change of address to:
- The post office, for redirection of mail?
- The Electoral Registrar?
- Your Insurance Company?
- Stores - where you have charge accounts?
- Relatives, friends & regular correspondents?
- Club Memberships?
- Publications to which you subscribe?
- Your doctor & Dentist?
- Your solicitors?
- Your Church?
- Your children's school?
Have you also:
- Defrosted the Freezer & all other appliances ready for removal?
- Please check & make the necessary arrangements with an electrician if needed.
- Had your outside TV aerial taken down & dismantled by a qualified technician?
- Arranged for electricity or gas to disconnect any fittings from the supply? (We are not allowed to do this.)
- All dried food to be stored in airtight containers.
- Put aside bits & pieces you don't want to take? (Why pay to have them moved?)
A few don'ts:
- Don't fail to advise if you are moving any valuable antiques or paintings with your household goods. (For our mutual protection & insurance purposes).
- Don't put breakables in drawers.
- Don't put liquids in drawers (sauce bottles, perfumes,etc).
- Don't overload drawers with linen, sheets & clothing (to much weight can damage furniture).
- Don't try to move large quantities of wood. They cannot be handled in our vans.
- Don't store perishable foods such as cereals, flour & vegetables.
- The following articles are classed as DANGEROUS GOODS & cannot be stored or transported:
Ammunition, new or partially used cans of paint, turpentine, kerosene, petrol, cleaning fluids, any oil and gas bottles.
- Don't forget to drain fuel from lawnmowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, etc..
- Don't store or transport jewellery, money, legal documents or articles of extreme value. KEEP THEM WITH YOU.
NOW ONE LAST LOOK AROUND
Anything left behind? Check the attic, garden shed, garage, under the house? Is everything turned off & locked up?